West Caldwell Community Information
The Caldwells are actually comprised of three separate municipalities: Caldwell, North Caldwell and West Caldwell. Ideally located just minutes away from several major highways, including the NJ Turnpike and Garden State Plaza, all three towns are easily accessible from Newark, New York City, Jersey City and Morristown.
Like much of Essex County, the Caldwells are steeped in history. They are named for the Reverend James Caldwell, who supported the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War. The land, once called the Horseneck Tract, was purchased by Dutch settlers in 1702 from the Lenni Lenape Indians for goods equivalent to just $325. Today, the Caldwells are a thriving collection of suburbs valued for their beauty and laid-back atmosphere.
West Caldwell is largely considered one of the most beautiful residential areas in Essex County. Like the neighboring town of Caldwell, it was a popular summer retreat during the 1850s, prized for its clean air and pure water. Today, it’s proud to have one of the best and most comprehensive recreation programs in New Jersey. West Caldwell’s many outdoor facilities include two municipal pools, various athletic fields, and nine parks. With Bloomfield Avenue as a lively commercial hub right in the heart of town, this is also an ideal place to relocate or open up a new business.
West Caldwell shares an award-winning public school system with Caldwell.
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2017 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.