North Caldwell Community Information
The Caldwells are actually comprised of three separate municipalities: Caldwell, North Caldwell and West Caldwell. Ideally located just minutes away from several major highways, including the NJ Turnpike and Garden State Plaza, all three towns are easily accessible from Newark, New York City, Jersey City and Morristown.
Like much of Essex County, the Caldwells are steeped in history. They are named for the Reverend James Caldwell, who supported the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War. The land, once called the Horseneck Tract, was purchased by Dutch settlers in 1702 from the Lenni Lenape Indians for goods equivalent to just $325. Today, the Caldwells are a thriving collection of suburbs valued for their beauty and laid-back atmosphere.
North Caldwell was ranked #3 on New Jersey Monthly’s Magazine’s list of Best Places to Live (2013). It’s known as the “Green Jewel” of Essex County for its hilly, forest-flanked roads. That’s more than just a nickname--in recent years, efforts have been to raise environmental awareness among residents. That dedication is evident in the pristine condition of its four athletic fields and the beautiful Essex County Hilltop Reservation.
North Caldwell’s school system is separate from that of Caldwell and West Caldwell. Their elementary school, Grandview, is exclusive to North Caldwell residents, as is their middle school, Gould.
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2019 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.